Counseling services for adullts specializing in the treatment of acute and complex, relational trauma to gain emotional growth and wellness.
"If you do not transform your suffering, you will transmit it."
~ Richard Rohr
"And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
"What's the greater risk? Letting go of what people think or letting go of how I feel, what I believe and who I am?" ~Brene Brown
"The purpose of our lives is to give birth to the best that is within us.
" Don't turn away. Keep your gaze on the bandaged place.
That is where the light enters you." ~Rumi
The energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.
"Let go of who you think you are supposed to be and embrace who you are."
"Freedom is what you do with what has been done to you"
- Individual Counseling for Adults
- EMDR Consultation for EMDR Trained Therapists
- Innovative Trauma Therapies Include:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy-a powerful method of psychotherapy to relieve distress and trauma related symptoms.
- Attachment Focused EMDR, AF-EMDR. An application of EMDR to target attachment based relational childhood trauma.
- Ego State/Attachment Based Relational Therapies such as IFS (Internal Family Systems) and DNMS (Developmental Needs Meeting Strategy) Therapy- An attachment oriented approach that is especially useful for healing emotional pain related to unmet developmental needs in childhood which are an underlying source of anxiety, depression and relationship problems.
- Body Centered Therapies and Mindfulness/Relaxation/Self- Compassion/Sensorimotor Practices and Trauma Sensitive Yoga to assist clients to feel a sense of safety and relaxation within their bodies.
- Chronic/Complex Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) for Adults with a history of multiple traumas due to childhood sexual, physical, emotional and verbal abuse.
- Acute PTSD-Single incident traumas.
- Anger and Stress Management
- Women's Issues
- Parenting Concerns
- Coping with Physical Illness
- Performance Enhancement
- Assertiveness Coaching